Let’s face it, a control system is a major expense. Extending the life of an existing control system is very important. However, the software and hardware used to run your control system can often change, and if a facility is not careful, they can find themselves on an obsolete platform.
Get the Most out of Your Equipment
Should an obsolete component on the control system fail, it could result in taking your plant down for an extended period of time. This is where Innovative Controls comes in. We can provide a life cycle analysis of your current and future control system to ensure you:
- Obtain the maximum life out of your control system
- Lower the risk by analyzing the existing control system and stocking proper replacement parts
- Provide a documented plan for migration which fits into your corporate strategy.
- Are able to maintain your system with internal and external support
Because we have extensive experience on many DCS and PLC control systems, we can offer you a solution and a plan that exactly fits your needs. This plan can be implemented by our engineers or if you prefer another integrator of your choice. We want what works best for your facility.
Typical project applications include:
- Quantitative Distributed Control System (DCS) evaluation using a weighted average based on criteria selected by the facility.
- Stop gap measure to keep the facility running with the least investment as possible.
- Development of a five (5) or ten (10) year migration strategy for the entire global manufacturing facilities down to a single process.
- Consultation on determining the best solution for an replacing an obsolete control system.
With over 20 years of process control experience, Innovative Controls is well suited to assist you on getting the most out of your equipment.